Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday, January 17, 2020

MORE Book to be rid of (2020)!

Once again I am trying to get rid of 100 books over the next few days. Since I can barely part with any book I am listing them with a 1 line comment on each one!

LIBRARY

The Book of Speculation - Erika Swyler  -weird book about a family of circus performers who die by drowning on various years on July 24.

V is for Vengeance - Sue Grafton - Don't know if I even read this one?

The Perfect Horse - Elizabeth Letts - WWII  story of rescuing horses - I am more interested in people.

Home Landscaping - Garrett Eckbo - a text book from a course I took about 30+ years ago - not a great study.

What If - Randall Monroe - A book of speculations about if numbers were different. OK - not great.

The Cutthroat - Clive Cussler and Justing Scott - typical Cussler - Isaac Bell

Tales by Mail - Karen Cartier - a collection of tales each headed by a stamp image

Newcomers Handbook - Minneapolis-St. Paul - bought before our trip - more about moving there than visiting - fairly useless.

Morning Glory - Sarah Jio - easy read about Seattle houseboat living and mystery about former occupants of houseboat.

Railroad Schemes - Cecelia Holland - scruffy orphan, criminal who takes her under his wing, adventures - kinda pointless.

Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking Book 3 - I am too old to learn!

2006 Scotts Specialized Catalogue - bought by mistake as I already had a 2011 catalogue.

Dawn to Dark Photography - National Geographic - sent to me by my bank by mistake - better pictures on the internet!

Cat Under Fire - Shirley Rosseau Murphy - Talking, scheming pair of cats set out to solve a murder.  I can't get into this book and I give up!

Two-Minute Mysteries - Donald Sobol - given to me by Vickie in November - I read the mysteries - solvewd a few - and had fun with the anachronisms from a book written in 1967.

Encyclopedia of United States Stamps and Collecting - Juell and Rod, ed. - Book is so good I paid full price to get the 2nd edition - this book sells for $10-20 on ebay.


SEND TO ROBIN

How to Care for Aging Parents - Virginia Morris - I'm not going to be doing this and Robin is.

Andersen's Fairy Tales - Troy Howell (ill.) - beautiful book but with almost no pictures!

Disney Children Favorites V1. V2, V3, V4 - Maybe the kids will like - I wonder if there are supposed to be CDs which go along with this?

Collecting Stamps - Alan James - maybe I create and heir for my stamps?

Rail Workers - Junior Engineer Guide - Colorado Railroad Museum - trains anyone?

Locomotives - Junior Engineer Guide - Colorado Railroad Museum - trains anyone?

Firefighters - Their Lives in Their Own Words - Dennis Smith - maybe for Jeremy.


SEND TO CARRIE

Carrie - I have spared you the onslaught but if there are books you want let me know!




1 comment:

  1. Ha! Thank you for sparing me the onslaught! There aren't any books that I want. I try to borrow most books from the library. If I do have to buy a paper book, then I nearly always immediately pass it on to someone else who has an interest in reading it. What's the point of keeping a bunch of books that you already read around? I'm lucky that I had time to read them the first time around; life's too short and there are too many books to read them a second time (major exception: kids' books, of course!).

    ReplyDelete